How I fell in love with a product I didn’t know I need
My favorite perfume, an old hand bag, a rock my grandma found on the beach long ago and now… equestrian socks? All under the header “Things I don’t want to live without.”
A little joy goes a long way. And it can come in surprising packages. Not long ago, I got an email from Ben at Sox Trot, a US company that has been manufacturing fun socks right here in the US for 35 years. And a bit of fun is just what the doctor ordered: When Ben asked if I wanted to try their socks and possibly write a review, I didn’t think twice after seeing the unusual and wonderful designs on their web shop.
When the socks arrived shortly after, I opened the envelope to find 2 pairs of socks with horse designs that would make any horse loveresse’s heart beat faster: a fun spin on a classic design a la Hermes and a design playing on an ‘open range’ theme with a Western flair. The minimalist packaging – a small card stock wrap – the soft feel of the material (Nylon & spandex) and the fun design were promising first indicators of a lovely product.
What I liked:
- The socks are just right for a knee hi: Pull on easy, stay in place, no pinching or cutting off blood circulation, soft – yet strong – feel.
- Maintains shape
- Easily washed by hand (ideal travel sock!)
- Smile on my face, every time I look at my sock
- No funny smell (like cheap, China-made socks often have)
- Many designs plus solid colors available
- Do not bulk up under your riding breeches or make your boot feel tight
- Lovely for any occasion – don’t hide them under your riding boots!
What I didn’t like:
What’s not to like? For someone, who values quality and ‘made in USA’ along with tasteful, fun design – this product is a winner! Especially since it not only comes in equestrian designs, but also in a large variety of other designs – from cheery, tongue-in-cheek to traditional plaid and solid colors. I am about to order a half dozen to take along on a trip to Europe. These wonderful fun socks take up no space at all. Oh, I should get some more for my daughter, daughters-in-law, friend for her birthday, stocking stuffers…
What a sweet, affordable pleasure!
Now back to horses….